This schedule includes the chemistry, organic chemistry and biology courses normally taken as preparation for medical school. General Education courses have been deferred so that the chemistry and biology courses are taken before the MCAT exams. Of course, this schedule should be modified to fit the needs of each individual student.
- Fourth-semester proficiency in a foreign language is required. In this sample we have assumed that the student enters with a second-semester proficiency in foreign language, and so needs two more semesters.
- * The physics department recommends that its majors take PHYS 204.
- The four courses labeled as “minor” would suffice to complete a math, chemistry or biology minor when combined with the other listed courses. Another minor might require that the two “elective” courses be devoted to the minor.
- Care must be taken to meet the requirement for 42 units of upper-division credit. This means that some of the electives and/or GenEds should be upper-division courses.
- Phys 381 and 382 are writing-emphasis courses.
- Use one of the Tier 2 GenEds to satisfy the diversity requirement.