Ph.D. 2017, Heidelberg University, Germany
Fields of Study:
Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics and Condensed Matter Physics
Our research focuses on developing and applying theory and simulation methods to investigate the ultrafast quantum dynamics in atoms, molecules, and solids. We pursue an interdisciplinary research program that combines advanced theoretical approaches, efficient computational algorithms, and state-of-the-art high performance computing to study the fundamental physics behind the correlated motion of electrons and nuclei.
Honors and Awards:
Branco Weiss Fellowship – Society in Science, 2018 – 2023
Fellow of the International Max Planck Research School for Quantum Dynamics, 2013 – 2017
• Alan Scheidegger; Jiří Vaníček; Nikolay V. Golubev: Search for long-lasting electronic coherence using on-the-fly ab initio semiclassical dynamics. The Journal of Chemical Physics, 156, pp. 034104, 2022.
• Nikolay V. Golubev; Jiří Vaníček; Alexander I. Kuleff: Core-Valence Attosecond Transient Absorption Spectroscopy of Polyatomic Molecules. Phys. Rev. Lett., 127 , pp. 123001, 2021.
• Nikolay V. Golubev; Tomislav Begušić; Jiří Vaníček: On-the-Fly Ab Initio Semiclassical Evaluation of Electronic Coherences in Polyatomic Molecules Reveals a Simple Mechanism of Decoherence. Phys. Rev. Lett., 125 , pp. 083001, 2020.
• Nikolay V Golubev; Alexander I Kuleff: Control of charge migration in molecules by ultrashort laser pulses. Phys. Rev. A, 91 , pp. 051401, 2015.
• Nikolay V Golubev; Alexander I Kuleff: Control of populations of two-level systems by a single resonant laser pulse. Phys. Rev. A, 90 , pp. 035401, 2014.
Golubev Research Group