Forms & Info
Please fill out this form to notify the department of any absences of classes, recitations, labs, etc., and dates you will be absent.
Check Request Form / Employee Reimbursement Request
Required for requests for reimbursement of purchases made with personal funds.
Use this form to request a payment to off campus vendors, organizations or individuals who are not university employees. Note that if the Pay-to (payee) is not a current UA Vendor, additional information and forms may be requested. Contact the Business office for specific documents.
Required for all P-card transactions. Needs to be brought to the Business Office the Same Day an order is placed or purchase is made. Include back up documentation such as the on line order conformation, an itemized receipt, or conference registration, air line tickets. (For conference registration or airline tickets a Travel Authorization form is also required).
Use with the Department Card whenever food is purchased, including business meetings, business entertainment, employee recognition.
Use this form to initiate the purchase order process or when requesting a formal bid for product or services.
Federal Express Form
Bring a completed copy of this form along with the package to be shipped to the Main Office.r
Travel must be authorized and documented prior to all official University travel activities, and a Travel Authorization Form must be filled out, even if travel expenses will not be charged to the University. University travel is governed through State of Arizona statutes, Arizona Board of Regents policy, and the State of Arizona Accounting Manual. For instructions on how to complete this request please read the instructions below;
These must be typed and completely filled out before any University of Arizona travel is done.
Download a new blank form
The Travel Authorization forms have a number in the top right corner which changes each time the form is accessed. The University's E-Forms web page supplies new blank forms, increasing this number each time someone downloads a copy, so be sure to obtain a new copy from there, at https://eforms.fso.arizona.edu/createPdf/5/
Do not try to fill in the form while viewing it in your web browser. The Financial Services Office prefers you to save it as a PDF file on your computer, then open this file in Adobe Reader. Do Not re-use for future trips. A new form must be downloaded for each trip.
Fill in the fields
Type the new entries into the highlighted blank fields and select the appropriate check boxes. The current details for Physics are as follows:
• Name – Use full name, last name first
• EMPLID – This is your employee ID number (student number if you’re a student). If you do not have this, please contact the front office.
• Department No. – 0411
• Employee | Student | Other – Check the appropriate box.
• Business Purpose of Trip – please be detailed in your description of the trip and how it pertains to the project you are expensing it against. If a conference/meeting, include dates with your description. Attach conference itineraries, meeting agendas and a list of lodging sites.
• Primary Destination - enter the city, state, and country for your trip
• Funding Source – give a number not a name.
• Mode of Transportation – State type of transportation. If you are driving long distance and it would be cheaper to drive than to fly, you must complete the Exceptions box. You must provide justification / reason why you are driving. Indicate whether the vehicle is state‐owned, a rental, or private.
• Duty Post – Tucson, Arizona or designated duty post
• City, State Departing From | Departure Date | City, State Returning From | Return Date – Self-explanatory.
• Designated Lodging – If you are attending a conference or a meeting and it is held at a specific venue stated in the itinerary/announcement, and it identifies a specific or a list of lodging, this is considered designated. If not, then it is not designated and lodging reimbursement is based on the UA’s lodging per diem for the city where the lodging occurs, go to the http://www.gao.az.gov/publications/SAAM/Supp_I_trvrates-012308.pdf for a list of cities and per diem rates. If the site does not have a per diem allowance for the city where lodging will take place, it defers to the Default Rates on Page One of the manuals.
• Auth Dept Approver/P.I. – Anna Tso
• Fund Approver (if different) – Anna Tso
• Traveling internationally, it is mandatory to register your trip at the following link: http://ua-risk.terradotta.com/. Remember it can take 60 days or more especially if a warning country. The number assigned by the website must appear in the International Travel Registry # box.
• Travel Advances (Optional) –
1. We must receive the Travel Authorization 10 working days prior to the date advance required.
2. No advances will be done after travel dates.
3. Advance must be more than $250.00 sign form in Payee Signature via "Adobe Sign". If a student is requesting cash advance an email from the PI approving the advance must be attached. If you are not requesting a cash advance, leave this area blank.
4. Advance must be settled in full within 10 days from the return of the trip. It shall bear interest at the rate of 9% annum starting 30 days after the return date of the trip.
5. NOTE: Three signatures are mandatory for a travel advance, please make sure to have an Auth Dept Approver/P.I, Fund Approver, and Traveler/Payee signature.
Save and submit
Save a copy of the completed form for your records, then use the "Adobe Sign" symbol to electronically submit. Mozilla or Chrome are the preferred browsers to open Adobe Sign. Make sure to type in corresponding email addresses and route for signature. If you need additional help, please use the tutorial:
If you have any questions, please contact:
Anna Tso, 626-9677 or email email@example.com
Amy Bia, 621-2265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Shane Smith, 621-2240 or email email@example.com
Please use this worksheet to summarize your travel expenses and submit to the Business Office room 236 with your receipts.
(Room Calendars have been moved to their own page.)
Zoom is now the official service for audio conferencing for UA staff, faculty, and students! No need for special phones or equipment. (The university’s operated-assisted telephone conferencing service, Conference Bridge, was discontinued February 28, 2019.)
Set up an audio conference yourself by signing in to Zoom at https://arizona.zoom.us and selecting Schedule a Meeting.
Zoom audio meeting participants may:
- Join the meeting online using their computer’s microphone and speakers.
- Call in with a landline or mobile phone. (Zoom call-in number options have 646 and 669 area codes, which are a toll call for anyone who has to pay for long distance charges with their carrier. To avoid tolls, join the meeting online.)
Hosts can also record the meeting with Zoom.
For more information on audio conferencing with Zoom, visit:
If you experience issues using Zoom, contact the 24/7 IT Support Center at (520) 626-TECH (8324).
Please note: HIPAA-protected information should not be shared in Zoom. A secured campus Zoom option is currently being developed for conferencing where HIPAA-protected information can be shared. This feature will be available in late February 2019 and a campus communication will be distributed at that time.