Due date for all documents listed:
January 1st for international student applications;
January 1st for domestic student applications.
Checklist of Documents
All applicants must submit the following items prior to the dates listed above.
- An application for admission to the University of Arizona must be submitted online . An $85 non-refundable processing fee is required for domestic applications ($95 for international), and cannot be waived.
- Foreign Applicants: The Financial Guarantee Form, found in the Graduate College application for admission, must be filled out. This form is required by any applicant who desires visa paperwork from this institution, and must be returned to the Graduate College with verification. Proof of English proficiency is required for international applicants who hold citizenship from a country where English is not the official language or do not hold a degree from a US institution.
- The GRE general test is optional and the GRE Physics test will not be accepted for applicants. If you have not yet taken the GRE general test and are planning to take it, you can insert the date of your exam in the application.
- All other required application materials including Statement of Purpose, List of Courses and online submission of Letters of Recommendation are included in the online application.
- Copies of unofficial transcripts are acceptable for initial review and should be uploaded onto the online application. Official transcripts will be requested if you are offered admission into our program.
NOTE: No applicant will be considered by the admissions committee until all required materials have been submitted, and the $85 (or $95 for international) processing fee has been paid. Any additional questions should be directed to the Physics Department Graduate Coordinator.
Yes. Please submit (online!) all other materials by the deadline date and indicate when you took the exam(s) and expect to get the results. If necessary, we can hold your application until the scores arrive.
Yes. Copies of these scores are fine for initial review. If you are accepted into our program, we will require official (original) TOEFL scores.
Department of Physics
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721
Phone: (520) 621-2290
Fax: (520) 621-4721
Graduate teaching assistantships are provided to all incoming students and in special cases Research Assistantships may be arranged with individual faculty members.