Graduate Application Procedure & Forms
A. Important Dates
Due date for all documents listed:
December 1st for international student applications;
January 1st for domestic student applications.
B. Checklist of Documents
All applicants must submit the following items prior to the dates listed above.
- An application for admission to the University of Arizona must be submitted online . An $85 non-refundable processing fee is required for domestic applications ($95 for international), and cannot be waived.
- Foreign Applicants: The Financial Guarantee Form, found in the Graduate College application for admission, must be filled out. This form is required by any applicant who desires visa paperwork from this institution, and must be returned to the Graduate College with verification. All foreign students must submit a TOEFL score. If you have not already done so, you should take this examination as soon as possible.
- The GRE-subject and general tests are both required. If you have not yet taken the exam, you will be prompted on the application to insert the date in which you will be taking the exam.
- All other required application materials including Statement of Purpose, List of Courses and online submission of Letters of Recommendation are included in the online application.
- Copies of unofficial transcripts are acceptable for initial review and should be uploaded onto the online application. Official transcripts will be requested if you are offered admission into our program.
NOTE: No applicant will be considered by the admissions committee until all required materials have been submitted, and the $85 (or $95 for international) processing fee has been paid. Any additional questions should be directed to the Physics Department Graduate Coordinator.
Yes. Please submit (online!) all other required materials by the deadline date and include a brief explanation of when you took the exam and when you think you will get the results. If necessary, we can hold your application until your GRE score arrives.
Yes, copies of these scores are fine for initial review. If you are accepted into our program, we will require official (original) reports.
Department of Physics
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721
C. Financial Aid
Graduate teaching assistantships are generally available to entering students and in special cases Research Assistantships may be arranged with individual faculty members.